Two gnome problems (one a bug)

I've got a repeatable crash to report in gmc, and I think it is in panel also:

Go to change the icon on a launcher.  While the icon picker window
is loading the pixmaps in /usr/local/share/pixmaps, change the path
in the textbox and hit return.  Bye bye gmc.  I think the same thing
happens on panel, also.

A kludgy workaround would be to disable the textbox until all the
pixmaps were loaded.

The second problem I'm having seems to be related to changing my
hostname.  Most of my gnome apps are segfaulting when i try to start
them as a normal user now.  When I start them as root, I get an error
about not being able to authenticate to the session manager, and not
being able to find the hostname.  I changed my hostname a few days
ago, and this is when the problem started.  I've recompiled ORBit,
gnome-libs, gnome-core, and gnome-utils from CVS since then, and
cleaned out all the old binaries, so I'm not sure where the problem is.

Thanks.

  .mazeone