Re: CPU/MEM Usage applet

Spud wrote:

>     In gnome-core <1.0.3 (i think), the CPU/MEM usage applet used to include
> swap space usage. Now in the latest gnome-core, it only has two bars, for
> CPU and MEM usage. There is no "preferences" option to add swap space, is
> there anyway I can add a swap space meter to the applet myself, or are there
> enough people out there who liked it in there so that the programmer would
> put it back in? :)

I noticed the same thing. I saw boot time messages about swap being
enabled so I didn't give it any more thought until my system came to a
crawl. I checked /etc/fstab and the swap file was not listed. I figured
that I had done something dumb along the way and dismissed it as my
error. I don't have a clue as to what actually caused this to occur.

Check to see if your swap space is actually enabled in /etc/fstab. I
corrected it by starting linuxconf and going to Config->File
Systems->Configure swap files and path. Under source, I added
"/dev/sda8" (no quotes). Check and see if your swap path is configured.
After rebooting, the CPU/MEM applet displayed swap space. Hope this
helps.

Dave Lewis
Portland, OR