Re: Gnome style guide

This doesn't seem to accomodate for decent ergonomics. While it may look
friendly, it's time-consuming: people who expect to be asked this question
and know what they want can't merely look at the buttons and click the
right one; they have to read the actual question, figure out if it's
phrased the way they expected, rethink their answer in case it isn't, and
then perform the click.

In answering a dialog box, you are commanding the computer to DO
something. Therefore, all answers to simple dialog boxes should be verbs:

"What do you want to do with recent changes to this document?
[Save|Abandon|Cancel]"

If I've been around computers a month or two, I already know this
question is coming, so I don't have to wonder whether it's asking "Do you
want to save" or "Are you sure you want to quit." (The answers "yes" and
"no" mean opposite things in this case.) All I have to do is look at the
verbs themselves and tell it explicitly what I want.

Enough HCI language class... I gotta get back to work...

--

"The brain is a wonderful organ. It starts working the moment you
get up in the morning and does not stop until you get into the