-----Original Message-----
From:	Martin Konold [SMTP:konold@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de]
Sent:	Friday, April 23, 1999 4:48 PM
To:	kde-announce@alpha.tat.physik.uni-tuebingen.de
Subject:	Call for opinions: KDE 2.0 mascot!

Hi there,

From: Matthias Elter <me@kde.org>

Hello all

Some of you already know it, a friend of mine was "secretly" working on a KDE
2.0 mascot for some time. The first "stable" ;-) version has been completed
today and you can find 4 images here:

ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon1.jpg
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon2.jpg
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon3.jpg
ftp://ftp.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon4.jpg

If you encounter trouble downloading them please use these other URLs
instead.

ftp://ftp.de.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon1.jpg
ftp://ftp.de.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon2.jpg
ftp://ftp.de.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon3.jpg
ftp://ftp.de.kde.org/pub/kde/unstable/icons/dragon4.jpg

It's a cute (yet unnamed) dragon. The idea was to create a animated
assistant for the KDE Help Center but the result is so amazing that many people
told me it would be nice for a KDE 2.0 mascot in general.

Please note that this is no replacement for the KDE logo! The KDE logo IMHO is
perfect, it looks very professional. The goal of the mascot is to add a more
human touch.

The native format of the 3D model is .3DS but it can be converted to most
other 3D formats. Stefan (the artist) is currently working on a
mascot-sdk ;-) containing the 3DS source and 2D images of all kinds. If you
have art/format related questions please directly contact Stefan
(spa@planetquake.com).

Please let me know if you would like to see the dragon become the official KDE
2.0 mascot and please send in naming suggestion.

Greetings,
Matthias

--
Matthias Elter <me@kde.org>