Sounds for Events

It seems I've lost my event sounds.  The Gnome CD player works okay just those
wonderful crashing noises, when I make a mistake, are now missing.  I don't
know if it's related but I did suffer an "improper shutdown" that may have
corrupted something - I don't know.  I'm running RH5.2 with the Gnome1.0 RPM
package just recently released.  This includes:
audiofile-0.1.6-2
audiofile-devel-0.1.6-2
enlightenment-0.15.5-23
enlightenment-conf-0.15-4
esound-0.2.12-1
esound-devel-0.2.12-1

Any suggestions on where to look for my missing sounds would be appreciated.
By the way, my sound card is an SB16 PnP.  I needed to modify the settings
found for dma16.  Probe set it at dma16=3, the card wants dma16=5.  I don't
know if this is related or not.