Netscape and Gnome

Title: Untitled Stationery
While running Gnome, (Thanks everyone for the help!) some programs take FOREVER to launch and run. The two biggest problems I am having are:

  1. Netscape takes four minutes to launch....no lie, four minutes.
  2. When I attempt to download a large file, like WordPerfect, Netscape runs out of memory....(And I've already allocated more under the control panel)
Now I'm running RH 5.2 on a Pentium 133 with 16 meg. , is the problem a configuration of the hardware or software? And is there a way to make Netscape stop shutting down and locking up the system?

Frank Krieger