Re: "Invisible" .gnome and .enlightenment files

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999 16:43:31 +0200, you wrote:

>> I've noticed that .gnome and .enlightenment files that are under
>> /home/username/.gnome/ do not show up either in CL (ls) or file
>> manager. I can see them if I do a search in file manager but cannot
>> otherwise. I've noticed that .gnome-desktop will appear if I put
>> something on the desktop. Doesn't matter if I am logged in as root or
>> my username. Also the same for .netscape files.
>
>Maybe I misunderstood you, but files that begin with . (dotfiles) are not
>supposed to be shown when you do 'ls'. They are hidden files. If you want to
>see them, type 'ls -a'.
>
>Richard

Thanks. I'm VERY new to linux. Only a few weeks. The help files for
gnome talk about looking into these files for information. They all
show up in my home directory in file manager first thing after a new
gnome install....   .gnome + .enlightenment + .netscape. Then they
dissapear if I leave that directory.