Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

By giving every message its own file and even splitting a single message
into several files, don't we risk running out of inodes on a multi-user
system??  I collect hundreds of messages every week from my 15+ mailing
lists, compared to the thousands I throw away.  Aren't we also seeing a
performance hit if we have to open multiple files everytime we scroll to a
single message, or likewise if we have to read, say, 1000 files to open a
single folder?

Warren Young wrote:
> Distilled, my view is that there are two models to choose from: the
> Windows Registry and CVS.  Me, I'd prefer the CVS approach.

Nathan Clegg
 nathan@islanddata.com