Re: Writing a GNOME mail client.

I read Jamie Zawinsky's interwingle article, and his idea is extremely
similar to what Jim suggested:

> * everything is indexed.  What look like folders are just search
> 	  queries.  Besides queries on the message and/or headers, the messages
> 	  can have labels attached (all your inbox is is incoming mail with
> 	  an inbox label attached) and labels can take part in search
> 	  queries.

So the idea would be: every message received (and stored by any means)
and every message sent should be indexed by their message-id and
should be possible to access from a number of different fields:
Subject, CC, Sender, Originator, Reply-To history.

Thus, folders would indeed be implemented as the restul of a query.

I like GNUS's idea of keeping deleted mail on the system for a few
days before actually discarding it (only mail that you have deleted,
not your regular mail).

> * it is web based; you can use it anywhere, anywhere, at least, that
> 	  there is a web browser.

Yep.  Bernard and I agree on this.

> See: http://www.research.digital.com/SRC/pachyderm/ for details.  I use
> the research prototype; it seems it is a casualty of the Compaq/Digital
> merger, though it may be spun out as a start up company.

Can we get out hands on a demostration of it?

Miguel.