Gnome (or GMC) request

Something I find a little annoying every once in a while is this:

Right-clicking a file in gmc and selecting "Open with" places the cursor
on the "Cancel" button as being the default action. Is this in case I
hit "Open with" on accident ?? ;-)

What I think makes more sense is 1) placing the text cursor in the text
entry box and, if possible, 2) making "OK" the default button, instead
of keeping the "Cancel" button defaulted, so that I can type the program
name I want to run and simply hit enter to run it.

I'm not a programmer so if this is an involved task, I'll live with how
it's set up now.

Thank you!
Hall