GNOME Open/Save Dialog - where did this thread go to

I remember there was some talk about a special gnome open/save dialog. What happened? Is this feature planed in gnome 1.2 (or whatever the next major release will be).

I thought of this because yesterday, somebody was using my computer, and I just thought that if I wasn't there, she would probably never figure out that her file, on a floppy disk, was in /mnt/floppy. And I am pretty sure she would have ever known to mount it (mounting is easy as double clicking the floppy icon on the desktop, but how would she have known that). This was a gtk+ app by the way (AbiWord)

I think that it might be a good idea to have a drop down "drives list", for removable media. If I was on someone else's computer, how would I know that the floppy was in /disks/floppy, or whatever. This could be configured with a control-center capplet. And I guess it could use GMC's drive detection routines.

	Vincent Harvey
	http://www.mcs.net/~vharvey (don't go here now, still problems)