Re: Executing files on vfs [was Re: graphical ssh based file browser.. (a gmc addition ?)]

On Fri, 16 Apr 1999, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > > It might be doable.  It needs a number of tweaks, but it is possible
> > > to do.
> >
> > Sorry. No.
>
> Well, it might be a neat feature to implement and it is not terribly
> hard to do.
>
> Miguel.

One way of "interpreting" it in a non-confusing manner would be to
disallow double-clicking  in /#sh to execute a program, but allow it to
"open" a file..

You could add a menu option that is only selectable for a selected
executable file in a /#sh system..

The menu option would be:  execute remotely
or something like that..

ie.  have a distinct way to specify "execute remotely"

Ryan

         Ryan Leduc         |    leduc@control.toronto.edu

   University of Toronto    |   'Any mans death diminishes me,
                            |    because I am involved in Mankind;
   Dept of Electrical and   |    And therefore never send to know
    Computer Engineering    |    for whom the bell tolls;
   Systems  Control Group   |
                            |    It tolls for thee.'

    Toronto, Ont, Canada    |         John Donne