Re: recent article

if you get tons of errors then you might be missing something that is needed
but doesn't register as a dependency. i'm not a gnome developer or debugger, so
i couldn't tell you what, but i've never had a serious error that i didn't
cause by doing something stupid or something seemingly innocuous to the panel
(it's still a little buggy) and i'm running the latest rpms on a RH5.2 system.
maybe it's the "installed over" part when i didn't uncheck the gnome .30
options in the redhat install i had problems occasionally (but i was running
.98 or so). my current system is on a new hd so it was a clean install.
try removing everything gnome and gtk then re rpming from the Base
dir. i've always un-rpm'd everything before redoing though.

On 15-Apr-99 Robert Goodwin typed: