Re: New RH RPMS - few minor 'bugs'

> From: "Rick van der Linde" <h.r.vanderlinde@student.utwente.nl>
> Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 21:13:16 +0200
> To: "Jim Gettys" <jg@pa.dec.com>, "Jan Martin" <jrandom@concentric.net>
> Cc: <gnome-list@gnome.org>
> Subject: Re: New RH RPMS - few minor 'bugs'
> -----

> new RPMS.

> don't work
> have

> >> I confirm - my linuxconf fails the same way on stock RH 5.2 w/ RH
> >> updates
> >> and latest Gnome rpms only.
> >>
> >> mjollnir% rpm -q linuxconf
> >> linuxconf-1.12r5-6rh
> >>

> >And I have the identical complaint, with the same version of
> linuxconf.
> > - Jim
>

> Hmm... as far as I know: at RHAD theres mentioned theres a new
> linuxconf
> RPM package.. Version 1.22.
>
> Package = gnome-linuxconf-1.22-0.1.i386.rpm
>
> I didn;t try this one yet under those mentioned conditions.

Seems to fix the problem, or at least, after installing them on my home
machine, my home machine sprouts a gnome-ized linuxconf after installing
them; I'll try this on my laptop tomorrow.

Thanks for the tip; I had missed the note about yet newer RPM's, due
to the LCS 35 celebration (had the experience of being introduced to
Bill Gates Monday night; I'll say this for the guy, he's willing to
poke fun at himself.  His keynote address had a video tape of him and
Ballmers doing really strange stuff).

In any case, I just wanted to also say that Gnome is showing real promise
now; it gets more and more stable as the days go by and freasher
bits appear, and the UI is continuing to improve.

Keep up the good work!
			- Jim