Getting a wierd error when starting with gnome-session.

     I can start with enlightenment or with that win95 look alike that
     comes with redhat, I forgot what it's called, but not with
     gnome-session.  I have a digital udb alpha with redhat 5.2( full
     install ) and when I start with gnome-session in my /root/.xinitrc it
     kills x.  The last thing it spits out, before the core dump, is
     Registering Priorty( NULL ).  Then it has the message of waiting for x
     to shut down.  Anybody have any ideas.

     jake