New RHAD rpm's on Alpha

Hi everybody

Just a quick note of thanks for the new RHAD gnome rpm's, they work great
so far. Also thanks to all gnome developers for all the stability
improvements the last few months. Particulary impressive is the relatively
low memory overhead relative to an equivalent KDE setup.

On the alpha, I did notice that a few programs used up a lot of CPU time
(33% each), namely gmc and gnome-name-service, with gnome-session taking
about 6%. Does anyone know why this may be?  As I said, this is with the
newest rpm's including gmc-4.5.30-3rh, gnome-core-1.0.4-13rh and
gnome-libs-1.0.8-2rh dowloaded yesterday. The system is Redhat 5.1 with
all the recommended upgrades to 5.2 versions. The kernel is 2.1.121.

Cheers

Conrad

| Conrad Steenberg                        |
| Caltech, Mail Code 220-47               |
| Pasadena, CA, 91125                     |
| e-mail: conrad@srl.caltech.edu          |
| Tel: (626) 395-2964 Fax: (626) 449-8676 |