Re: Sound does not work with User other than root

Chris,
While logged in as root, type:

esdctl unlock

This will free you to use esd as any user.  It does have security
implications, but I don't think they are worrisome if used on a
standalone machine ( i.e. not on a corporate network).
Tim

Chris Sutcliffe wrote:

> Hi,
>
>     I've been playing with Gnome a while now.  I've run into a bit of an
> issue though.  I get all sounds working perfectly fine when I run Gnome
> as root, however, if I run as any other user, I get no sound (even with
> sound enabled).
>
>     I'm not sure if this is a bug (if so I'll list it on the
> bugs.gnome.org), or if it's something I've set up wrong.  Anyone have
> any ideas?
>
> Chris
>
> --
begin:vcard
n:Lewis;Timothy
tel;work:760-761-4673
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.timelinevista.com
org:Timeline Vista, Inc.;Operations
adr:;;1755 La Costa Meadows Dr., Suite "B";San Marcos;CA;92069;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:tlewis@digaudio.com
title:Manufacturing Quality Engineer
fn:Timothy Lewis