Re: my panel's gone

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 jason@whizzird.net wrote:
> i was adding amusement applets to my main panel to check them out and the panel
> disappeared. now when i restart X i don't get a panel. if i run panel in a
> terminal, a panel appears and when i close the terminal the panel goes away and
> i get a message telling me there's another panel running and if i say ok, it
> runs a panel. and when i restart it's not there. can anyone tell me how to fix
> this?

If rather than typing "panel" in the xterm, you type "panel &" there, it
will be running in the background, and shouldn't disappear when the xterm
goes away.  As long as the panel is running when you log out of GNOME,
gnome-session should remember to run it next time.

If you still can't get it to work, reset your session to the default.
Check out http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq/html/runtimehelp.html for
instructions.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef