gnome cal question..

Withe respect to setting alarms to events..

Does gnome cal have to be running for the alarm to go off?  What
mechanism keeps track of this?  at command?

Couple of things I'd like to see..

1)   For a given event, I'd like to be able to schedule to alarms of the
same type (sail send e-mail).  The logic..  Say I have an appnt at noon
on april 20th..  I'd like it to send me a reminder on april 19th so I
know that I'd better get up before noon on april 20th (I often work at
night ;-),
and then I'd like it to send me an e-mail the morning of april 20th, so
I'll get it when I read my mail that morning..  (I know, I have too many
things to keep track of..)

2)  I'd like to see the to do have the option of being date sensitive..
    either an item is always present, or only shows up on it's date (but
for a specific time).

3)  I'd like to have named to do lists..

Ryan

         Ryan Leduc         |    leduc@control.toronto.edu

   University of Toronto    |   'Any mans death diminishes me,
                            |    because I am involved in Mankind;
   Dept of Electrical and   |    And therefore never send to know
    Computer Engineering    |    for whom the bell tolls;
   Systems  Control Group   |
                            |    It tolls for thee.'

    Toronto, Ont, Canada    |         John Donne