Re: gnome getting very demanding ???

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 17:33:47 -0400, William Allen <ballen@ms.com> wrote:

>I run GNOME from RPMS with a non-supported sound card which if I'm not
>mistaken is the equivalent of no sound card and GNOME runs fine. Of course,
>maybe that's why gnome won't run with "exec gnome-session"?

You might want to also try getting the latest esound from CVS, installing
it, and seeing if setting auto_spawn=0 in $prefix/etc/esd.conf helps at
all. (You may still see little warnings about not being able to connect to
the sound server, but at least it won't try to start up esd when you run
GNOME programs.)

-- Elliot
"We're sorry, we didn't know it was supposed to be invisible."
	- Sign carried outside US embassy.