Re: Redundant Libraries and RPM/Glint
- From: Dennis Lee <mudpup telepath com>
- To: Scott Holmes <sholmes pacificnet net>
- CC: apollo-list rehat com, gnome-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Redundant Libraries and RPM/Glint
- Date: Tue, 13 Apr 1999 19:18:11 -0500
make sure you want it to go away
then you can use from the command line
rpm -e -nodeps <badfile>.rmp
Scott Holmes wrote:
> I seem to have accumulated a large number of redundant (ie multiple versions)
> of libraries. Probably from misusing glint and/or RPM. I discovered this
> whilst trying to install the latest gnome rpms. the command rpm -Uvh *
> reported a large number of apparently missing libraries, which actually do
> exist. I suspect that so many versions may be causing confusion.
> Could someone please suggest the best method for selecting and removing
> unnecessary copies.
> FAQ: Frequently-Asked Questions at http://www.gnome.org/gnomefaq
> To unsubscribe: mail firstname.lastname@example.org with
> "unsubscribe" as the Subject.
] [Thread Prev