errors while using linuxconf on redhat

Hi
	I've just installed gnome. I have redhat 5.2 on an intel pentium. When I
started linuxconf most of the options were ok. But when I chose the option
controlpanel, it gave me some error about how my system date must have been
wrong at some time since some revision date was in the future. It gave this
message -4 times. Then it gave me the option to correct the problem, see
what the correction would be, or quite.

1) when I tried to see what the connection would be, it waited for a long
time and then gave an error that some command was not running even after a
long time
2) When I tried to correct the error, I got the same message.
3) Finally when i quit, i noticed that the system was slow. Using an xterm
i found that it was still running and so killed it manually.

How should I solve this problem.