Re: couple things (gmc)

>  this is gmc (4.5.3)

4.5.3 or 4.5.30?

>  i seem to have a problem with opening .html files.
>
>  1)
>  when double clicking them netscape reports something like this:
>  Can't open /etc/httpd/html//etc/httpd/html/index.html

This bug was fixed a *long* time ago.  Please update your installation.

>  2)
>  i cannot seem to add or change extensions to mc.ext and have them work.
>  i even renamed the file, and the existing configuration seemed to work.
>  I have no ~/.mc.ext file. Not sure what is happening here.
>  (this is the only instance of mc.ext on the system)

The GNOME edition of the Midnight Commander does not use mc.ext; it
uses actions based on MIME types instead.  You can use the MIME
capplet in the GNOME control center to customize them or edit the
files under $(prefix)/share/mime-info.

  Federico