Re: gnomecal week view starts on monday

On 12 Apr, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
>>  i've noticed that the week view on gnomecal always starts on monday,
>>  even if i specify that weeks should start on sunday in the
>>  preferences.
>>
>>  is this the correct behavior, or is this a bug?  i'd be glad to fix it
>>  if this isn't the correct behavior because it's rather annoying to me.
>
> This is just a badly implemented feature.  I intend to rewrite the
> week view to be something pretty and useful like the Palm Pilot's week
> view.  This will of course be done using the canvas.
>
> If someone does it for me, though, I'll be really happy to put the
> patches in :-)
>
> (Hint: you should use the code in layout.c to figure out how to place
> events graphically).
>
>   Federico

The default layout in gnomecal is pretty nice.  I am using the latest
after wrestling with a few minor compile issues here.  The gnomecard
app seems to execute without the icons on the top here anymore at all.
I used to get them every other launch.  AFter using a palm pilot 5 for
awhile and backing up stuff using pilot-link, I would like to state the
obvious.  What is needed is a centralized PIM/addressbook, etc which
would provide the desktop interface for the linux world that would
allow full synch of the palm pilot series.  I see pieces here and there
and I just cannot get pilotmanager to work at all.  I could use ical
and have some of it; but I tend to want it all.  So, I now use vmware
to run a win98 session to synch my pilot with the palm desktop.

I have looked at Kpilot and organizer and it gets close.  I would like
to see a program with the interface of gnomecal integrate and offer
pilot synching all the way including moving addresses to a linked
gnomecard.

Thanks anyways for a nice pim and functional addressbook.  Its much
appreciated. The 1.0.7 release offers a lot of nice stuff and it seems
that gnomecard is much more stable.
--
Michael Perry
mperry@basin.com