GNOME 'Buildmeister'?

I'm sitting here looking through the output from my build scripts,
comparing them to the RHAD RPMs.  What I find is that there are a lot of
differences between the tarballs and the SRPMs of the same name and
version, at least in the way things are built.  Some of them mean that the
tarballs just plain don't work right.  It seems to me that tarballs are,
or at least should be, the final word on correctness, not the RPMs.

My question is this: is there anyone here who is acting as 'buildmeister',
the person ultimately 'in charge of' getting things building and built?
Someone who maintains the spec files, and makes sure everything keeps
building?

If so, who is it that's in charge of keeping builds sane, so I can feed my
problems and fixes back to them for inclusion in the released sources?

If not, I volunteer to do just that.  I've already got the build
environment set up to test things extensively.  I'm willing to spend the
time to make sure things are working properly, up to doing tinderbox-style
builds on packages nearing a new version cut (as time on my machine
allows).  Heck, if someone can provide the hardware, I'll look into doing
real Tinderbox builds.

TIA,
   Omega

         Erik Walthinsen <omega@cse.ogi.edu> - Staff Programmer @ OGI
        Quasar project - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/DISC/projects/quasar/
   Video4Linux Two drivers and stuff - http://www.cse.ogi.edu/~omega/v4l2/
        __
       /  \             SEUL: Simple End-User Linux - http://www.seul.org/
      |    | M E G A           Helping Linux become THE choice
      _\  /_                          for the home or office user