Re: Session exiting in GDM and XDM

Xvidtune is mainly a testing program, rather than something that you use
every time you use X.  You should center the image how you want it with
xvidtune, then press the show button.  This will output a line of numbers
that you can then paste into the file /etc/X11/XF86Config in the monitor
section (just search for the Modeline keyword).  You can then add the new
modeline to the file (and optionally delete the old one).  Now when you
start X, the video display should look correct.

This change will benefit you if you use xdm or gdm.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au
WWW:   http://www.daa.com.au/~james/