Re: GNOME logout misfeature that needs to be fixed

If you want a menu item in the root menu of your window manager that exits
out of X cleanly (I assume your window manager is configurable enough for
you to alter the menus in its config file), instead of making the exit
menu item call the window manager's internal exit function, make it
execute the command "save-session --kill", which will have the same effect
as exiting using the panel.  This will allow session managed clients to
exit cleanly.  This solution will work reguardless of whether the wm
itself supports session management.

James Henstridge.

--
Email: james@daa.com.au