Re: Reading KDE menu's

Vincent Harvey <vharvey@mcs.net> writes:

> At the moment, all I get is a dot. Is their an envirement variable I
> have to export for it to read from /opt/kde/share/apps. Also, are
> the RPMS going to be compiled with the ---with-kde-datadir (i think
> thats the flag) equalling /opt/kde/share?

I'm guessing that what you mean is that you get the KDE menu
entry (because $kde_datadir/applnk exists) but that
the menu is empty - and thus very small and dot-like. I don't
know what would would be causing that off-hand. Is there
anything in that directory?

Right now there is no way of changing the directory in which
it looks at runtime. (Though you could fake the process
by putting a link from ~/.gnome/apps/ to your KDE menus)

It would be nice if somebody contributed a patch to make
the panel honor the (standard?) KDEDIR environment
variable if set. It shouldn't be too bad, though probably
a bit messy since the KDE_MENUDIR #define is used in
a number of different files.

I don't know if KDEDIR is (e.g.) /opt/kde or /opt/kde/share,
so that would be the first thing to determine.

Any RPM's that RHAD labs makes will be compiled with the
FSSTND /usr/share.

Regards,
                                        Owen