Lockup, involving Gnome-terminal among other things.

Over the last two days I downloaded the GNOME packages (the latest
ones I assume).

I got it to install and run w/out much trouble.  In fact, it looks
pretty darn slick!!

However, I had several lockup errors.  The problems occured when I
tried to open (another) Terminal by right-clicking on the background.

The terminal came up, but I could not select the window with the mouse.

In fact, I couldn't select anything with the mouse.  However, the
focus was still in an original terminal so I was able to do a ps and
then a kill -9 on the new terminal.  After that, all of the open
windows re-painted themselves several times and then everything was
good as new.

I'm running RH 5.2.  I was using the Enlightenment window manager
(I use WindowMaker normally.)

If there is any other information I can offer that could help,
let me know.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear (greear@cyberhighway.net)  http://www.primenet.com/~greear
Author of ScryMUD:  mud.primenet.com 4444        (Released under GPL)