Gnome Installment

I followed the instructions for installing Gnome. Everything installed
except the "devels" packages, which I chose not to install.

If I choose to install the devels at a later time, will I need to go
through the complete routine with the installation or can I just
upgrade the devels?

Now, I finished the installment, edited my user .Xclients with
gnome-session, started X-Windows with startx and no Gnome!

Signed,
Daniel D. Munden

P.'S. Detailed Documentation(s) and Sample(s) are more than welcome.