Re: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info

On Wed, Apr 07, 1999 at 05:53:34PM -0700, Brent wrote:
> When I try "gnome-session" either in my .xintrc, or in an xterm, I get:
>
> gnome-session: error in loading shared libraries
>: undefined symbol: __register_frame_info
>
> I get the exact same result when I try to run e-conf, the Enlightenment
> configuration utility.  What is misconfigured or missing?

No, this isn't your fault. The RPMS on Red Hat's site will cause all sorts
of trouble if you run Gtk+ applications compiled with GCC. The people on
the EGCS list consider this a bug.

You can work around this bug by recompiling all your Gtk+ 1.2 applications
with egcs, or by upgrading to the latest CVS version of glibc 2.0, or by
upgrading to glibc 2.1.

Alternatively, you can ask Red Hat not to ship broken Gnome RPMS. According
to several of the egcs contributors, it's bad to replace GCC-compiled
shared libraries with ECGS-compiled shared libraries, at least on glibc 2.0
systems.

Cheers,
Eric