Re: Help with 1.0 install

> From: Edward Dunagin <edunagin@columbus.rr.com>

> NOTICE.................do NOT unistall glibc before installing the
> newest version..even then you can run into problems......i did this
> and had to upgrade from RH cdroms.

Ohh Ohh OWWW!  This is along the lines of "do not uninstall head before
installing new contact lenses"...  Didn't stop me moving /usr/lib/libc5.so out
of the way on a libc6 RH5.2 system when I wanted to put a *real* libc5 in for
StarOffice4, though... =O(

I too was that daft todger =OZ

But you don't have to do a full upgrade to fix it.  Just boot off floppy/cdrom,
mount your disk and put the bloody thing back again.

-------My opinion - Not sane, intelligent or necessarily useful-------
o o                                      mailto:Moredhel@earthling.net
/v\ark R. Bowyer.  http://i.am/Moredhel  mailto:Mark.Bowyer@UK.Sun.COM
`-'  "That weenie's avoiding me!" - Scott McNealy about i.am/BillZebub