Re: GNOME vs GNU gcc & glibc

Sergio Brandano <sb@dcs.qmw.ac.uk> writes:
>>What you should do is this:
>>
>> 1. Locate your libintl.[a|so] files
>> 2. Set the INTLLIBS environment variable to '-L/<dir> -lintl' (where <dir>
>>    is the location of libintl)
>> 3. make distclean; configure --prefix=/sw/gnu; etc...
>>
>>This will force autoconf to put the correct linking information into the
>>Makefiles.  If that still doesn't work, you may need to compile a "compat"
>>libintl (but probably not on Linux; I needed it for BSD).
>
> Thank's Goodness! However. not only in configure; I am recompiling
> gnome-libs-1.0.5 and I had to modify the Makefiles in libgnome
> and libgnomeui.

Maybe I should have been more clear about step 2:

  In csh:
	% setenv INTLLIBS '-L/usr/local/lib -lintl'
	% ./configure --prefix=/sw/gnu

  In (ba)sh:
	$ INTLLIBS='-L/usr/local/lib -lintl'
	$ ./configure --prefix=/sw/gnu

The configure script already has code in it to detect the variable from the
environment, and if it is set, it will include it automatically in all the
generated Makefiles.

	-Michael Robinson