Gnome/Enlightenment cores!

Ok, I'm confused.  I installed GNOME on 3 computers this week.  My
laptop, my PII233, and my PII400.  The first two went fine.  I simply
downloaded the latest RPM's (I'm running redhat 5.2) and did an RPM -Uvh
* in the directory where the RPM's where.  I then made a .Xclients file
containing only "exec gnome-session", did "chmod +x .Xclients", and then
typed startx.  For some reason, on the third computer, this doesn't
work.  When I type startx, the gray check screen from X comes up with
the mouse pointer for a brief sec, then dumps me back to the console
with a big core dump.  No error message, no warnings.  Just dumps right
out.  I installed the same way on all 3 computers so I am completely
confused as to the problem.  Any Ideas?

Thanks,
Steve