RE: SaveYourself command?????

On Mon, 5 Apr 1999, Fox, Kevin M wrote:
> I am on a 450 with 64 megs of ram. I dont think it is because of a slow
> computer :)

A slow computer is merely one of the ways you can be sure of getting
those dialogs.  One of my machines is an old AMD 5x86, and it sometimes
just doesn't get back to gnome-session in time, particularly when I'm
compiling things.

> The panel is also running and responding when these error messages apear.
> Almost emediatly after I press the ok button, one comes back up....

When I got the error while debugging the panel was running and responding
too.  I suspect that when panel gets SaveYourself, it passes it on to all
of its children (including the applets), and doesn't reply that it's done
until they are all done.  So even if the panel looks like it's working, if
one applet is not saving, the panel isn't, and you get the dialog.

Best of Luck,
-Gleef