Re: Gnome rpm distro lacks management

I've been trying to sort things out from here cause my install
works...well at least I thought it did until I uninstalled and then
started from scratch. Things do not appear to promising especially as
there are a number of package conflicts.

Things like the gnumeric-0.18 and gnome-games packages are still
requiring libguile.so.2. yes I know that guile-1.2 is listed on the
gnome web pages as a requirement but when you grab the rpms for a redhat
install you will find in the extra-src dir guile-1.3. Now if you install
1.3 you get libguile.so.4 not 2 and hence gnome-games and gnumeric will
not install.

The point is why have these packages there if they will not install and
will just confuse users. You just have to look at the messages on
gnome-list to see what is happening. I know these are unsupported RPMS
but geez you must know they will not install from all those mail
messages yet they appear again and again with each release.