Re: [cvs] What's happened to `gnome-libs' subdirectories?

Havoc Pennington wrote:
> On 3 Apr 1999, Mike McEwan wrote:
> >   Well I've given up for now - feeling a tad tired. I've been trying
> > to get the gnome-libs I checked out this evening to configure and
> > compile. However it appears that some subdirectories are missing, or
> > I'm missing the point :-). For example the `./macros' subdirectory was
> > the first problem as autogen.sh attempts to run the autogen.sh in this
> > directory.
> You probably need to 'cvs co' instead of 'cvs update' in order to get
> the sub-modules.

Yep, that works. But generally it should be sufficient to simply write:

   $ cvs -z3 update -Pd <modules...>

Where:
   -P  Means to prune/remove old stuff, and
   -d  means check out new subdirectories (since last checkout/update)

Don't forget that the cvs command rememberes the last version/tag you
checked out/updated. So to be on the safe side when you really want the
most "cutting edge":

   $ cvs -z3 update -r HEAD -Pd <modules...>

The man- and info-pages contain a lot more info for anyone who wants to
get a more in-depth look. :)
Good luck!

 /Jocke

-- "Every problem has a solution and every solution breeds new problems"
--
Joachim Nilsson  - <mailto:joachim.nilsson@home.se>