Re: esd preventing gnome compliant apps from running

On Sat, Apr 03, 1999 at 06:02:15AM +0000, hitch wrote:
> can someone PLEASE help me with this.
> please tell me what you need to know (and how I can get it to you) and
> I'll be more than happy to give you the information...
> I'm getting desperate.  about half of what I use the system for involves
> sound...I'm about to lose my mind.
>
> thanks in advance...

First of all: what error messages are you getting when trying to run
what programs.

What kind of sound programs do you use that half of the time?
I suppose they're not gnome-apps. If sound from gnome-apps is not
very important to you, then don't run esd.

Ronald