default theme

I have one SuSE box that has themes working and one where they do not
for some reason.  I cannot add themes when I follow directions to the
one box that has themes working.  Things just seem to lock up solid and
gnome and my wm gets unresponsive.  I am using the later SuSE 6 rpms
and have upgraded the gtk-engines stuff.

Anyways, I dont really care for the pixmap, metal, redmond or notif.
Where does one find the "default" theme?  I like the spartan looks of
that one. I see it as the only choice on my dell laptop but it does not
appear as a selection on the desktop with themes working.

Thanks.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@basin.com