RE: Gnome1.0 RPMs

this isn't the correct way to do it, but it works. if you have
all the rpms then add --nodeps.
the correct way to do it would be to explicitly install those first.
rpm -Uhv guile* glib* gnome*lib* gtk* *rpm
this will make it install those libs before they're needed as dependencies.
the --nodeps way should be avoided though, because if you're missing a file or
library and it's not just an order issue, it won't tell you. but if the only
missing errors you get are those, it won't hurt. (that's how i do it).

On 01-Apr-99 Scott Holmes typed:
> I down loaded the rpms from ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/gnome-1.0/redhat ;
> then tried rpm -Uvh *
> It reported back that several libraries are missing.  I've been
> searching around for them on both the gnome site and the Red Hat site.
> The searches indicate they exist but upon going to the variousa mirrored
> locations, they do not.  These are libguile.so.2, libglib-1.1.so.3,
> libgnome.so.0, libgnomeui.so.0, and libgdk-1.1.so.2
>
> Any help in locating these as rpms would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> --
> Scott Holmes                       http://www.pacificnet.net/~sholmes
>                 -Run Linux-        sholmes@pacificnet.net
>
>   Database Programmer/Analyst                     Passport 4GL
>   HTML Composer                                   Informix 4GL, SQL
>       There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio,
>              than are dreamt of in your philosophy

Thank You,
Jason Majors
jason.majors@usa.net