Menu editor

[Sorry about the broken thread, I had to cut& paste this together after
changing email accounts]

>Not exactly related to the issue, but why most of GNOME Control >Center
parameters aren't configurable by ordinary users?  I ca never >make it
accept changes I make to Media settings, change menus, etc.  >It would
appear reasonable to have a per user setup of most >panel/GNOME
parameters inder .gnome/

I can't really see the point of having a system menu. The only buttons
which must be userproof are the "run..." and "log out" buttons.
Everything else could be user-configurable, based on a system-wide
default menu, with a seperate default menu for root, with all the system
administration stuff on it. As long as users have the "run..." and "log
out" buttons they can rescue themselves from deleting any other menu
items. It annoys me that I have to log
in as root to edit my user account's main menu. I could copy everything
to a user menu and edit that instead, but then what's the point of the
system menu?

 - Michael Rogers