Re: Instabilities in GDM

In message <Pine.GSO.3.96.990331153834.16648D-100000@slip-3.slip.net>, Ben
Rock
wood writes:
cc:  gnome-list@gnome.org

> BINGO!!  You know exsactly what I'm talking about.  It hadn't happened
> for a year and a half, I'm using a Matrox Millenium and I believe that
> I'm running 3.3.2 of XFree86.  ...and the whole machine locks.
>
> 	I did seem more like an X problem then GDM, but when I heard
> about "bugs", that was the only one I could think of.
>
> 	I don't know if I'll upgrade quite yet, but I'm glad someone
> else can validate me.

I'm running XFree86-3.3.3.1-1 on a Matrox Mill II. X will lock up my
Alpha if I restart X from xdm. So far I have had no lockup with xdm
configured to NOT restart the server.

FWIW

Bob

| Bob Taylor             Email: brtaylor@inreach.com            |
| Like the ad says, at 300 dpi you can tell she's wearing a     |
| swimsuit. At 600 dpi you can tell it's wet. At 1200 dpi you   |
| can tell it's painted on. I suppose at 2400 dpi you can tell  |
| if the paint is giving her a rash. (So says Joshua R. Poulson)|