gdm: shadow unfriendly

I have a couple of problems with gdm (CVS'd as of 9/29).

1. In order to support shadow passwords, I have to change gdm.conf to
read nobodyuser=root, as only root can access the /etc/shadow file, even
via pam.

2. Using the standard session files, after login, it appears to leave X,
then goes right back into gdmgreeter. The session file "Gnome" is
executable.

3. I noticed that when first starting gdm, via "init 5", I see two gdm's
running, plus the gdmgreeter.  Additionally, there are three error
messages emmited like "gdm already running".

4. If the browser isn't enabled, the gdmgreeter window isn't centered.
It stays in the upper left of the X window.

Dave Boynton
dboynton@worldnet.att.net