Re: how to run esound and another audio program?

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998 18:34:16 -0700 (PDT), Eric Guenterberg
<mavpion@fire.csua.ucla.edu> wrote:

>Is there any way to run other audio programs and esound at the same time?
>When I try to run amp it tells me that /dev/audio is in use.

Two things to do:
	For programs that can be fixed to use esound, fix them to use esound.
	In the meantime, you can do
		esdctl standby
		runamp
		esdctl resume

(standby makes esd disconnection from the audio devices until you tell it to
resume).

-- Elliot
"In film you will find four basic story lines. Man versus man, man
 versus nature, nature versus nature, and dog versus vampire."
    - Steven Spielberg