Re: bug in gtk-- ?

On Tue, 29 Sep 1998, Andrew V. Shuvalov wrote:
> Hi!  I have a problem with recent cvs Gtk-- and gtk+-1.1.2-1:
> This bug was not here before, i mean i did not changed my code.
> I have a subclass from Gtk_Button. And when i am in constructor,
> GTK_WIDGET( gtkobject )->window is still NULL. My code:

window isn't guaranteed to exist until the object is realized. It may
exist, but there is no guarantee.

You can either force realize, or do your drawing at a later time, after
realization. For drawing areas the easiest thing is to override
configure_event_impl. For buttons you aren't really meant to be accessing
the window, I don't think.

Why not just add a child to the button, such as a drawing area or pixmap
or label or whatever you want?

Havoc