Re: Questions regarding Control-Center.

  Ok, I'm kind of late in this discussion since I just got the Control
Center, it didn't work on my computer until this morning. :-)  Sorry if
what I say has been said (or decided against) before.

  I think that whoever said the current method is counterintuitive was
right.  The best way to do it (imo) would be like the options dialog for
Borland's Windows compiler.  In that, you have a tree on the left to
choose what you're configuring and a sub-dialog on the right which shows
the current 'capplet', but the way it works (externally) is
different--the whole thing is one dialog box.  Choosing a new item from
the tree just shows another capplet with its current (tentative)
settings.  Settings are only applied when Ok is clicked.

  There's no reason the Gnome panel can't work like this.  When a
capplet is selected from the tree (single-click, not double-click) it
can be started if it's not running yet or else just displayed.  The
notebook tabs seem redundant to me.  Each capplet could have "Try",
"Apply", and "Revert" but there could also be a panel-wide "Cancel" and
"Ok".  I _really_ don't like the way that "Ok" and "Cancel" keep the
panel open with the current system, this is too strange.

  Maybe the current system would make more sense if the
newly-opened capplets were opened as top-level windows?

  Daniel