few bugs in 0.30, few feature request...

Hi all,

I would have used Gnome bug tracking system, but it seems to be not working. So
here it goes.

I can make the panel crash every time by changing "comment" on items added to
panel from the System Menus and trying to delete that item as a normal user.
Maybe a normal user shouldn't be able to change any thing that doesn't belong
to them, and there should be way for a user to tell when he/she can change
things.

Also, whenever windows like "Enter a command to execute", "Gnome Look and feel
properties", and so on pop-up, a small part of those windows pop-up under the
panel. I think this is a wrong behavior since I have to move them to click
"OK" or "Cancel".

Background properties doesn't even start. It gives this error:
Gdk-Message:
** ERROR **: sigpipe caught

In Calendar, today's date should be hightlighted in Day View, Week View, and
Month View as it is in Year View. Year View looks strange since all day numbers
are showing up between lines.

In panel properties, Background could use a preview.

        Thanks,
        David