Re: useability issues

S> i lack both webspace and time to compile
S> gnome from cvs often

That was my situation too, so I think I'm now putting the finishing
touches on Scrappy the Happy Build Script, which will cvs update and
compile everything nightly.  8^)

S> 2. the ppp dialer applet must have the ppp scripts
S> configurable. none of the distributions i've used (all two of
S> them!) put "ppp-on" and "ppp-off" in /etc/ppp/ by default; in fact,
S> even the ppp-howto says to put them in /etc/ppp/scripts/.

Well, it didn't used to.  8^)  Or at least, maybe the man page
didn't.  My ppp-on and ppp-off when I last used them (a couple years
back) were in /etc/ppp.

Now, I just use the modem-light applet, since that gives me more info,
is smaller, and allows me to configure things.

One question... Gimp has that wonderful ability to set menu
accelerators by bringing up the menu and hitting the key.  So do Gnome
apps, but Gimp saves the keys for the next session, which Gnome apps
apparently don't?  Anyone know how to make this happen?  If someone
points me in the right direction, I'll start making patches for all
sorts of apps.

--
Alan Shutko <ats@acm.org> - By consent of the corrupted
Learn to pause -- or nothing worthwhile can catch up to you.