RE: Panel won't start :~(

I had the same problem.
The trouble here was that i had more than one libpanel_applet.so.0.0.0 file
on
my system, and the older one was being loaded instead of the newer one.
You might want to check what libraries you have laying around in /lib and
/usr/lib,
and any other lib paths that you or redhat are using.

Maybe with redhat rpm's you can uninstall the older gnome libraries.
I would suggest you look into a doing little housekeeping about your libs.
I know that my libs were nasty and narly until i put them into shape.
Good luck :))

verzee,
A victim of your circumstance.