Re: Whats this mean then

Philippe Moutarlier wrote:

> On Fri, 25 Sep 1998, Tristan Tarrant wrote:
> >On Sat, 26 Sep 1998, Peter Cague wrote:
>
> Doesn't look  THAT obvious to me though ...

You are right. That error message sucks. I wrote that error message and
it seemed right at the time. :) I have been making some changes in the
pager applet that I have not yet committed. I will fix this error
message up as well.

> What is the XA_ extensions ?

Just a proposed window manager hints set for GNOME. It is based off of
Marko Macek's (icewm author) proposal for extended wm hints. Currently
icewm >= 0.9.12 and enlightenment >= 0.15 support these hints in some
way. The pager applet uses these hints to know the names and quantity of
available desktops, in addition to detecting which desktop is current.
The actual hints needed are XA_WIN_WORKSPACE and XA_WIN_WORKSPACE_NAMES.
For more info on these hints and the others, check out the
gnome-winhints.h and winhints_demo.c in gnome-libs/libgnomeui.  I am in
the process of writing a howto on interesting uses for the XA_WIN_*
hints, in addition to fixing up the interface to match whatever Raster
changes. But since I am very busy now with paying projects, it is slow
coming.:)

Max Watson <redline@intrex.net>